Gotu Kola is well known in Sri Lankan dishes as a salad. Grown everywhere in Sri Lanka. there is a very good demand locally. We harvest them from home gardens.
Herb for the mind, body and spirit.
Gotu Kola is a true adaptogen that promotes harmony on the mind, body and spirit. It’s range of benefits bring balance to brain function, nervous system, blood cells, digestion functions, and our largest organ – the skin.
- Enhancing a clear mind
- Improving memory
- Support focus
- Encourage Emotional Balance (Depression/anxiety Relief)
- Balanced promotion of daytime energy and nighttime sleep
- Aid in healthy blood cells and circulation
- Restore Digestion
- Promotes healthy skin, hair
- Speeds the healing of wounds
Gotu Kola (non-GMO) has been traditionally used as a remedy for countless ailments. It has been used extensively over several thousand years in remedies supporting a multitude of different areas of health and wellbeing. Many holistic practitioners uphold that the gotu kola herb has properties that support a healthy immune system response.
Recently gotu kola has gained popularity as a natural remedy for skin and connective tissue issues such as scleroderma, psoriatic arthritis (arthritis occurring in conjunction with psoriasis), ankylosing spondylitis (arthritis of the spine), and rheumatoid arthritis. Gotu kola is said to possibly support the brain, nervous system and veins.
Recent studies confirm many of gotu kola’s traditional uses and suggest possible new applications such as supporting a healthy cardiovascular system; supporting mental health and memory; possibly easing anxiety; and aiding in the healing of wounds and burns.
Supporting the nervous system may be necessary when one has a predisposition to stress related problems. Gotu kola has shown some extremely remarkable potential. Scientists have established that compounds in Gotu Kola known as triterpene acids may in fact bind to receptors in your central nervous system and may reduce your startle response.
One of the many possible benefits of Gotu Kola may include its effectiveness in supporting the overall health of skin like cellulite and keloids. The hardening of connective tissue cells below the skins surface causes cellulite; and gotu kola has the potential to support the body’s ability to remedy this.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Gotu Kola Leaf Powder may include:
- Support glandular health
- Aid a healthy nervous system
- Support the healing process of wounds & burns
- Support the healing of connective tissue & skin
- Help to relieve physical & mental exhaustion
- Support a healthy stress response
- Aid with healthy brain function
- Support healthy blood pressure levels
- Support cognitive function
- Supports a healthy inflammation response
- Aid vein health
Constituents of Gotu Kola include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc, Selenium, Manganese
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Beta carotene
- Amino Acids: Glutamic Acid, Glycine
- Triterpenes: Asiatic Acid, Madecassic Acid, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid, Madecassic Acid, Oxi Asiaticoside, Centelloside
- Triterpenoid Glycosides: Asiaticoside
- Volatile oil: Vallerin
- Glycoside: Madecassoside
- Saponin Glycosides: Brahminoside, Brahmoside
This product is 100% natural and minimally processed. Taste, smell, texture, and color may vary from batch to batch.